While I am a big fan of continuous preparation and practice of social code and making it a long term commitment and an integral part of the man’s life, I have been thinking about the times when fall back on the social practice for different reasons like career and family, travel and so on.
As you would probably noticed, even at times when we pause the social practice, we still run into situations where attractive members of the opposite sex are present. These situations include social gatherings and events that we, in one way or another, have to attend like weddings, birthday parties, Halloween parties or even New Year’s Eve.
Therefore, I decided to write this post because I want you to have these 3 powerful techniques to make the most of these events even if you have been falling back on your social practice and the social missions.
1. Use Social Proof to your advantage
Social Proof means that a woman will be more attracted to you depending on how other people treat you.
It’s especially important especially in events like New Year’s Eve because everyone goes out, even women who don’t normally. When everyone is a stranger, social proof is a big part of how women divide the men from the boys.
The great thing about social proof is you don’t actually have to be popular or well-connected or desired by women everywhere. You don’t even have to pretend that you are. If you have been following our posts and receiving our newsletters, you will be able to create the social proof in any venue with ease. Here are a couple of things you can do:
· Walk in confidently and immediately start talking to someone. Do NOT look around or wander around when you get in or go to the bathroom or go get a drink.
· Meet everyone (men and women). Events like New Year’s Eve is very social. You don’t need openers, just say hi. Women will see that you seem to know everyone.
· Introduce people to each other. Make it a game to introduce 10 different people to each other – either people you’ve met earlier that night, or just use an opinion opener on someone walking by when you’re in mid-conversation with someone.
· Smile. The party is where you are at. The most fun is to be had where you are.
· Use slow, controlled movements. Move like you are under water. Never waste a movement.
2. Touch early, touch often
I’ve taught thousands of guys over the years and seen tens of thousands of approaches and pickups and attempted pickups.
The easiest way for me to predict how it’s going to go? Touching. Touch early, touch often. Again, an event like New Year’s Eve, it’s even more important/appropriate.
· Touch as soon as you start talking, within the first minute. Keep it appropriate and touch everyone, not just the women. Use handshakes, hi-fives, whatever. The point is to establish the principle that you touch.
· Escalate with the woman you’re interested in, but still keep it appropriate. A playful punch on the shoulder if she teases you or touching her elbow when you make a point are good examples. If she touches you back (“pinging”) keep escalating.
· Be the first one to end touching. If you have your arm around her and you sense she’s getting uncomfortable, move your arm first. (And not with a “I see you’re getting uncomfortable” – playfully push her off).
A lot of guys aren’t used to being “touchy.” I wasn’t. It took me at least a month to get “natural” at it, and that involved forcing myself to do it in every conversation, every night.
Fortunately, the path can be a bit quicker for you – you don’t need to re-invent the wheel.
3. Have fun!
This sounds like a throwaway line, but it isn’t. Emotions are contagious. When you are having fun, people have fun with you. If you are having fun, you will be much more “natural” and interesting.
High-value men enjoy their lives. At least act like you’re enjoying yours. And when you go out… make sure you go somewhere that is fun. Make sure you are with people you like. Do what it takes to work on your own emotions – you’ll find that beautiful women are a lot more attracted to you if you do.
There you have it quick tips if you haven’t been performing your social missions. Don’t feel under pressure. Go out, have fun, meet people, and try to remember the other two tips and you’ll be just fine!